2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 cups of chopped linguica
1/2 of a medium sized onion, chopped
7 frozen hash brown patties, thawed
1 cup of milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Crumble the hash brown patties, if you need to warm them up a little bit so they are easy to work with, please do so. Microwave them for about 1 minute. Press the crumble hash brown patties onto the bottom of a 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the crust is baking, place 2 Tbs. of olive oil in a large skillet and heat on medium heat. Add the linguica and chopped onion to the oil and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add the linguica and onion onto the top of the crust. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese on top of the linguica and onion.
- In a large bowl, beat 8 eggs with a whisk. Add the milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder and whisk until all combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the linguica and cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes or until golden brown and the quiche is set.