My husband and kids love these! I make them sometimes on Sunday mornings as a special treat because they're not exactly a low calorie breakfast!!
You will need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 Tbs. sugar
3 Tbs. unsalted butter
3 Tbs. vegetable shortening
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/3 cup heavy cream
3 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Optional Toppings: chocolate syrup, maple syrup, whipped cream, berries, cherries, confectioner's sugar
1.Whisk together in a large bowl the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter and shortening in a small saucepan, stirring to combine; remove from the heat and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Heat in the microwave in thirty second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Whisk until creamy and smooth. Be careful not to scorch the chocolate.
4. Whisk the eggs, milk, chocolate mixture, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
5. Whisk the egg and chocolate mixture into the flour until combined. Whisk in the butter and shortening until combined.
6. Preheat a waffle iron and spray with cooking spray. Ladle about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the waffle iron; cook until crisp.
I usually serve the waffles with a dusting of confectioner's sugar, a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, and a cherry. What an amazing dessert/ breakfast!!!