Money Saving Tips

Everyone asks me if I have any money saving tips for them when it comes to putting food on the table. In this economy, people are struggling to pay bills and put food on the table. I definitely feel the squeeze. I usually go to the grocery store and go right to the mark down rack. The food that the grocer puts on this rack has not gone bad but, really need to be used that day.

I went to the grocery store the other day and found pears for 75% off and thought to myself, "what can I make with these?" because I knew that my family would not eat all six of those pears that day!

So I decided to make a nice pear crisp. I bought the pears for pennies and all the other ingredients were already in my pantry.

I then walked over to the meat department and found chicken drumsticks on manager's special. I paid $1.50 for six drumsticks. Yes, you read right $1.50 for six drumsticks.


If you find bananas on the rack, make banana bread for your family. It's a great after school snack for the kids too.
So, why not pop in the grocery store and see what's on that mark down rack and plan your meal around that and save lots of money. The other thing that can save you money is store brand versus brand name. I buy lots of things store brand rather than pay more for the brand name. I never buy brand names when it comes to things like cereals, cream cheese, butter sticks for baking and cooking, cream, milk, etc. Some things just don't taste the same when it's not brand name i.e. ice cream, soda, pasta sauce, etc. Try these things out and don't forget to let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Stuffed Shrimp

Portuguese Style Linguica Quiche

Strawberry Shortcake Trifle